Thursday, August 28, 2008

Psalms 55

And I say, “Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest;
yes, I would wander far away;
I would lodge in the wilderness; Selah
I would hurry to find a shelter
from the raging wind and tempest.”


I have to say this has been my prayer for a while now. That I could just fly away from the problems and crap of this world. But, David finds a better solution than growing wings and flying away.

16 But I call to God,
and the Lord will save me.
17 Evening and morning and at noon
I utter my complaint and moan,
and he hears my voice.
18 He redeems my soul in safety
from the battle that I wage,
for many are arrayed against me.
19 God will give ear and humble them,
he who is enthroned from of old, Selah
because they do not change
and do not fear God.


May I take rest in knowing that my salvation from trials and the crap of this world is in my God.

No comments: